“If I could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint” – Edward Hopper
Art is a visual treat with the potential to separate us from the everyday world and lead us to becoming one with the universe. Jayprakash believes that Art and nature are thus inseparable experiences of the universe.
“Great art picks up where nature ends” – Marc Chagall
Nature has always been a supreme inspiration for an artist. Nature manifests itself in a congregation of forms and in a myriad of serene colours. For an artist, painting represents the very soul of nature, and he strives to recreate this divine experience that nature provides us through his artwork. The endeavour is to touch the soul of every individual and be one with the universe.
Jayprakash holds a Master’s in Fine Art and is the recipient of several awards including –
- All India Fine Art And Craft Society, New Delhi (2012)
- Maharashtra State Art Exhibition (Professional, 2012)
- Late Mrs. Sandhya Gharpure Memorial Awards, Thane School of Art (2010)
He has participated in and held several group exhibitions across India including –
- All India Fine Art And Craft Society, New Delhi (2014)
- Bombay Art Society, Mumbai (2013, 2010)
- Monsoon show, Jehangir Art Gallery (2010)
- Group Show, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai (2015)
- Group Show, Shantiniketan, Kolkata (2014)
- Group Show, Jawaharlal Darda Art Gallery, Nagpur (2014)
- Group Show, Ishanya Art Gallery, Pune (2011)