Meghna has always loved art. As a child, she loved magic painting books, with which she would wait and watch for colours to magically appear. Colours always held a special fascination for her. She loved sitting at the beach, watching the sky change colours at sunrise.
To Meghna, art is the purest language, and everyone’s understanding of it is unique. It can be as intriguing for the artist as it is for the viewer. It brings forth deeper areas of consciousness. She has always believed that art comes through her and not from her. Each artwork has its own identity and its own destiny.
Meghna holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Raheja School of Art and a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations from Xavier Institute of Communication. She has also studied art at the Art Student’s league, New York and at the Slade School of Art, University College of London.
Meghna’s artwork has been featured in numerous solo and group shows across India and abroad. Some of these include –
- CPAA at The Viewing Room, Mumbai, June 2015
- Bengaluru Habba, the Art Corridor, Taj West End, Bangalore, January 2012
- Kolkatta Art Mela, Kolkatta, November 2011
- Art Bengaluru, the Contemporary art Festival, UB City Bangalore, July 2011
- Slade school of Art, UCL, London, September 2010
- Women’s group show at Lalit Kala Academy, Delhi, 2008