Born and raised in Mumbai, Renu is an economist by training, but was enchanted with the art of sculpting for many years. She finally heeded her calling, taking up sculpture 12 years ago. Her varied experience combined with her enduring mental strength is evident in the strong lines of her semi abstract forms.
Her works are characterized by the tenderness of emotions, and bears testimony to the strong bonds between mother, child and family.
Some of her most prominent exhibitions have been:
- Group Show at Visual Art Gallery, 2013.
- 54th National Exhibition of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, 2013.
- International Art Expo, Mumbai, 2009 & 2012.
- United Art Fair, 2012.
- Group Show curated by Sushma Behl, 2011.
- Alliance Francaise, 2011.
- Hotel Lalit, curated by Naresh Kapuria, 2010
- Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, 2010
- 71st, 72nd & 78th All India Fine Art exhibition (AIFACS)
- 43rd National Exhibition of Art (Lalit Kala Academy)